The Fortnite Season 5 battle pass is here! For those just joining us, the battle pass is a one-time microtransaction that you can level up over the course of a 10 week-long season, gaining access to a treasure trove of new skins, emotes, pickaxes and back blings. You do that in a few ways, but none of them quite so potent as completing weekly challenges that pop up every Thursday morning: these range from defeating enemies in a particular location to hunting down treasure or other weird objects across the map. There’s a slight change this season: now the first four challenges will be available to all players free-to-play or otherwise, whereas the last three will be reserved for battle pass owners. The Week 1 challenges just dropped, so let’s get into it.
- Deal damage with SMGS to opponents (0/500)
- Search a Supply Llama (0/1)
- Clinger, Stink Bomb or Grenade Eliminations (0/3) HARD
- Search Chests in Snobby Shores (0/7)
- Search floating Lightning Bolts (0/7)
- Follow the Treasure Map in Risky Reels (0/1) HARD
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (0/3) HARD
First, the non-combat. Here’s where you want to go to follow the Treasure Map in Risky Reels.
Here’s where to find 7 Floating Lightning Bolts.
SMGS shouldn’t be too hard: they’re one of the more ubiquitous items, and effective at short to mid-range. You don’t need to kill anyone here, just need to put damage down. A good way to fill any damage challenge